“Coaching Supervision is a formal process of professional support, which ensures continuing development of the coach and effectiveness of his/her coaching practice through the interactive reflection, interpretative evaluation and the sharing of expertise.”
(Bachkirova, Stevens and Willis, 2005)
Supervision/Mentoring at InnoChan Solutions:
Supervision/Mentoring is an ethical requirement within the Coaching profession. At InnoChan Solutions we believe that the role of a Coach Supervisor/Mentor must:
- Provide external support and a reference point which clarifies what is going on in the coaching relationship at both the overt and hidden levels
- Facilitate the development of someone engaged in a learning process and affirms their unique personal style
- Provide guidance and support for the coach and assumes professional responsibility for the safety and protection of the client
- Provide an overview of the coach’s professional work, which facilitates or enables personal and professional development
- Refer to work with clients by offering support while taking into account areas where the coach’s issues might intrude.
Supervision/Mentoring is now becoming a requirement by organisations booking coaches to work with their people and is an essential part of the ICF credentialing process.
InnoChan Solutions identifies three specific areas of the Coaching/Supervision process; the Client, the Coach and, the Business. Supervision/Mentoring sessions provide the time and space for the Coach to explore all of these areas. This will give the Coach the ability to:
- Develop their coaching skills and their professionalism
- Identify ‘gaps’ in their abilities
- Discuss any issues they may have with their clients
- Discuss their business/practice
InnoChan Solutions is determined to deliver best practice Coaching principles and to help coaches to do the same.
Coach Supervision/Mentoring Process:
Supervision/Mentoring sessions are formally contracted and in general, take between 1.0 and 1.5 hours each. The minimum number of sessions taken is 4 (four) and these are spaced depending on the requirements of the Supervision/Mentoring process.
InnoChan Solutions is also able to provide additional (optional) services to Coaches that can help improve self-awareness and focus. These include:
Through our Coach Mentoring / Supervision service, we provide the space and expertise to help you develop your skills and discuss the issues you have in your practice.