This course is ideal if you are looking to become an Executive Coach or enhance your existing coaching skills.
A specific aim of this programme is to provide a course of study that enables professional accreditation from the International Coach Federation (ICF). Ensuring that students are eligible for professional certified coach membership of the ICF is important if they are to meet the needs of the prospective employers and/or clients, especially those whose quality assurance processes require internationally professionally qualified and certificated coaches. It is a vital underpinning for the pan-European self-regulation of coaches which comes into play in September 2012.
Completing this course will:
- Give you the tools and capabilities to coach at the highest levels of the profession
- Give you an understanding of the theory and practical application of executive coaching
- Give you Accredited Coach Training Hours (in conjunction with The Performance Solution (UK)) towards the ICF Accredited Coach Training Programme (available on completion of the Higher Professional Coaching Skills Course)
- Develop your interpersonal skills
The course can be taken:
- As a stand alone qualification,
- As a stepping stone towards further qualification,
- As the first step towards a MA degree in Applied Coaching
As part of the Assessment process on the programme, delegates will:
- Be continually observed and assessed in their coaching by peers and experienced coaches using clear criteria.
- Observe and assess peers in their coaching and use coaching to aid the planning and development of a personal learning programme.
- Complete external Pro Bono Coaching sessions to practice and enhance their coaching skills.
- Undergo Professional Coaching from qualified coaches
- Complete a written Assignment that clearly demonstrates their understanding and application of Coaching Theory
- Undergo a videoed coaching skills demonstration. This will be submitted to TPS (UK) for ratification of the qualification.
- Coaching theory and key coaching skills,
- Transactional Analysis,
- Knowing yourself as a coach,
- Potential & possible blockages to potential,
- Generating high quality feedback & use of the Johari window,
- Using & expanding the GROW model,
- Levels of listening,
- Clean language and Symbolic Modelling,
- Spiral dynamics
- Sandplay & creative coaching,
- Ethics & codes of practice,
- Mentoring on your practice,
- Assessment for Association for Coaching recognition
- People looking to begin a career as a Coach
- Existing Coaches seeking to improve their skills
- NLP Practitioners who wish to obtain a Coaching qualification
- People looking to work towards an academic Masters degree (MA in Applied Coaching)
- Business people:
- HR Managers
- Senior Managers
- Team Leaders
- Training Managers